Damianitza was founded in 1940, just before the Second World War and for over half a century produced wine drawing from the exquisite grape that grew in the pristine areas near Bulgaria’s Southern border. When it was purchased in 1997, as part of the country’s post communist privatization process, the winery underwent a dramatic organizational and equipment overhaul to enable it to bring exclusive wines to domestic and international customers. Our current bottling capacity is 2 000 000 bottles and we produce above 1 400 000 on average yearly. The winery today is a dynamic modern facility employing advanced vinification techniques.
Giving top priority to quality, Damianitza emphasizes control throughout the entire production process, from incoming materials through manufacturing to marketing, distribution and use. Therefore, we invested in a new filling line, labeling machine, precision grape processing equipment, fermentation tanks, barriques and vineyards.
Key Facts And Figures:
- Founded in 1940
- Nationalized in 1947
- Privatized in 1997
- Bottling capacity: 2 000 000 bottles
- Best-known brands: No Man’s Land, Uniqato and ReDark
- Strong positions in premium and super premium wine segments
- Among the top 5 main players in the domestic market – Euromonitor International (February 2006)
- Investments 2006/2007: 710 000 EUR – filling line; labeling machine; precision grape processing equipment; fermentation tanks, barriques and vineyards
- ISO 9001: 2000 since December 2007